Bandra-Worli Sea link to be part of Mumbai Marathon route
Mumbai: Runners participating in the Standard
Chartered Mumbai Marathon on January 17, 2010 will run on the
Rajiv Gandhi Bandra Worli Sea link, which will be part of the
42.1 km course, organisers said here today.
The seventh edition of the race which will have 14,500
runners taking part in full marathon and half marathon will
offer USD 3,10,000 in prize money, an increase of USD 60,000
from last year.
For the first time in seven years there will be a
separate start for half marathon which will commence at Bandra
and end at CST.
The change has been necessitated by the need to avoid
convergence of the runners of the two categories and give the
participants of the full marathon a clear route from start to
finish, the orgainsers said.
The marathon has also been upgraded by the world
athletics body, IAAF, to a gold level status, from the silver
level status it enjoyed till last year.
The full marathon has received 3,500 entries, while the
half marathon has received 11,000. The senior citizens` run
will have 1800 participants, wheel chair 150, and 22,000 have
registered for the Dream Run, to raise money for charity.
The winners of the full marathon in the men and women`s
category will receive USD 35,000 and USD 31,000 respectively.
The best Indian finisher in the men`s and women`s category
will receive USD 6,000 each, as compared to USD 2,500 offered
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read