Bank of Baroda Q1 net zooms 85% at Rs 685 cr
Mumbai: Public sector lender Bank of Baroda on Monday reported a jump of 85 percent in its net profit for the first quarter ended June 30 to Rs 685.38 crore, over the same period a year ago.
The bank had a net profit of Rs 370.86 crore during the June quarter last financial year (2008-09), the bank said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
Total income also rose to Rs 4,735.15 crore during the April-June quarter of current fiscal (2009-10) from Rs 3,806.37 crore of the corresponding period a year earlier.
During the quarter, it earned an interest of Rs 4,032.11 crore, up over 22 percent compared to Rs 3,293.82 crore of the corresponding quarter last year.
Shares of Bank of Baroda were trading at Rs 427.60, down 1.29 percent from its previous close in the afternoon trade on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!