`Bankrupt` Michael Douglas pulls out of stock market
London: Hollywood actor Michael Douglas has pulled out of the stock market after losing almost half his fortune.
The 65-year-old said that he chased the big bucks for years. Then it all came tumbling down, reported a news website. Douglas, who is married to actress Catherine Zeta Jones, is estimated to be worth more than USD 213 million. He owns homes in New York and Bermuda.
"I lost 35 to 40 percent of my net worth on the 2008 crash," said the actor.
Despite prices starting to recover, he was shocked into ending his profiteering and pulled most of his cash from stocks.
"At the end of last year, I took a whole bunch out," he said.
But he admitted he had loved his earlier years of gambling on the markets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police