Barack Obama had both ‘concession, victory’ speeches ready
Washington: US President Barack Obama has said that he had both concession and victory speeches prepared for election night.
“You always have two speeches prepared because you can’t take anything for granted,” Obama told FOX31.
“It is an extraordinary privilege to serve the people, whatever the office. I have served as a state senator, a US senator and now as the President,” he said.
“And each and every time I’ve been reminded that it is the people where power ultimately resides; and I’m their representative, I’m their servant,” he added.
According to Politico, preparing both a concession speech and a victory speech is, of course, traditional, but Obama has indicated in multiple interviews that he doesn`t believe he will need to give the former.
Romney, however, said that he had only prepared one speech.
“I just finished writing a victory speech,” Romney had said on his campaign plane.
“It’s about 1,118 words. And, uh, I’m sure it will change before I’m finished, because I haven’t passed it around to my family and friends and advisors to get their reaction, but I’ve only written one speech at this point,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India