Barack Obama had both ‘concession, victory’ speeches ready
Washington: US President Barack Obama has said that he had both concession and victory speeches prepared for election night.
“You always have two speeches prepared because you can’t take anything for granted,” Obama told FOX31.
“It is an extraordinary privilege to serve the people, whatever the office. I have served as a state senator, a US senator and now as the President,” he said.
“And each and every time I’ve been reminded that it is the people where power ultimately resides; and I’m their representative, I’m their servant,” he added.
According to Politico, preparing both a concession speech and a victory speech is, of course, traditional, but Obama has indicated in multiple interviews that he doesn`t believe he will need to give the former.
Romney, however, said that he had only prepared one speech.
“I just finished writing a victory speech,” Romney had said on his campaign plane.
“It’s about 1,118 words. And, uh, I’m sure it will change before I’m finished, because I haven’t passed it around to my family and friends and advisors to get their reaction, but I’ve only written one speech at this point,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf