Barack Obama had both ‘concession, victory’ speeches ready
Washington: US President Barack Obama has said that he had both concession and victory speeches prepared for election night.
“You always have two speeches prepared because you can’t take anything for granted,” Obama told FOX31.
“It is an extraordinary privilege to serve the people, whatever the office. I have served as a state senator, a US senator and now as the President,” he said.
“And each and every time I’ve been reminded that it is the people where power ultimately resides; and I’m their representative, I’m their servant,” he added.
According to Politico, preparing both a concession speech and a victory speech is, of course, traditional, but Obama has indicated in multiple interviews that he doesn`t believe he will need to give the former.
Romney, however, said that he had only prepared one speech.
“I just finished writing a victory speech,” Romney had said on his campaign plane.
“It’s about 1,118 words. And, uh, I’m sure it will change before I’m finished, because I haven’t passed it around to my family and friends and advisors to get their reaction, but I’ve only written one speech at this point,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?