Barca may complain to UEFA over Mourinho remarks
Madrid: Barcelona are considering making a complaint to UEFA over Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho`s comments about Pep Guardiola and the match referee from Wednesday`s Champions League semi-final at the Bernabeu.
The club said in a statement they had called an extraordinary meeting of the board of directors to discuss the matter on Thursday afternoon and were to hold a news conference at 1700 GMT.
Lionel Messi scored twice after Real had midfielder Pepe sent off in the 62nd minute, giving the Catalans a 2-0 first-leg lead for next Tuesday`s return at the Nou Camp.
Mourinho was sent to the stands for protesting the red card decision.
"In the post-match press conference, Jose Mourinho severely criticised the referee Wolfgang Stark and insinuated that UEFA treated Barca favourably," Barca said in a statement on their website (www.fcbarcelona.com).
"The Club`s legal department are now studying whether to take his remarks to the UEFA disciplinary Commission.”
"The Real Madrid manager said, `Josep Guardiola is a fantastic football coach, but he has won one Champions League which would embarrass me after the scandalous goings on at Stamford Bridge (in 2009) and this year if he wins it again it will be after the scandalous goings on at the Bernabeu`.”
"Mourinho also claimed: `I don`t know if it`s the UNICEF publicity or the friendship of Villar at UEFA, where he is vice president, I don`t know if it`s because they are so nice, but they have got great power. The rest of us have no chance`."
Barca backed the re-election of Angel Maria Villar to the presidency of the Spanish soccer federation, while Real backed a rival candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!