Barca relief as tests rule out Messi muscle injury
Madrid: Leaders Barcelona breathed a sigh of relief on Thursday after tests showed that a suspected injury to joint La Liga top scorer Lionel Messi on international duty with Argentina was merely a scare.
The World Player of the Year, level on 27 goals with Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo, pulled out of Argentina`s friendly against Costa Rica on Tuesday as a precaution.
He had tests on the adductor muscle in his right leg on Thursday at a clinic in the Catalan capital as Barca prepare to defend their five-point lead over chasing Real Madrid at third-placed Villarreal on Saturday.
"Once the tests were completed doctors ruled out any muscle injury," Barca said.
"The player will have physiotherapy between now and Saturday, when a decision will be taken on his participation in the Villarreal game."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail