Barcelona vs Inter is not me against Eto’o: Ibrahimovic
Barcelona: Zlatan Ibrahimovic has played down the forthcoming Champions League clashes between Barcelona and Inter, claiming they will not be a battle between himself and Samuel Eto’o.
The two forwards were at the centre of one of the biggest deals of the summer, and fate paired their respective sides in the same Champions League group, along with Ukrainian titans Dynamo Kyiv and Russian champions Rubin Kazan.
‘Ibra’, who netted his first goal for Barca against Sporting Gijon on the opening weekend of the season, insists there is much more to expect from the games with his ex-club than just his duel against the former Camp Nou idol.
“There will be two great matches,” the striker told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
“And I know full well that many people, on both sides, will compare my performance with that of Eto’o.”
“I find it useless: we are different and, if anything, I hope that Samuel will carry my friends at Inter very high. He started off well and I root for him to continue.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA