Basketball to get boost: BFI chief
Ludhiana: Sponsorship coming from some leading industrial houses of the country is set to give a boost to basketball, said Basketball Federation of India President RS Gill.
The Reliance Group and Mahindra and Mahindra have agreed to extend their patronage to the game.
Gill said that his organisation had decided to start a college basketball league at the national level from this year.
"This league would be on the pattern of the existing National School Basketball League Championship," he said, adding that this year`s National Basketball Championship would be held in Chennai in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`