Basketball to get boost: BFI chief
Ludhiana: Sponsorship coming from some leading industrial houses of the country is set to give a boost to basketball, said Basketball Federation of India President RS Gill.
The Reliance Group and Mahindra and Mahindra have agreed to extend their patronage to the game.
Gill said that his organisation had decided to start a college basketball league at the national level from this year.
"This league would be on the pattern of the existing National School Basketball League Championship," he said, adding that this year`s National Basketball Championship would be held in Chennai in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- South Africa`s Zuma to hear if 800 graft charges reinstated
- Summer special - Shahnaz Husain's tips for maintaining glowing skin
- This online wedding community helps you plan your marriage
- Women find 'dominant' men more attractive – Here’s why
- TIRUN announces maiden voyage of world's largest cruise ship