Basu progressing well, likely to be released on Monday
Kolkata: Marxist patriarch Jyoti Basu has
been progressing well and is likely to be released on Monday
after a final review by the medical board formed to monitor
his health condition.
"Basu`s sodium and potassium levels right now are within
normal limits," according to a medical bulletin issued by AMRI
hospital in Salt Lake where the CPI(M) veteran was admitted on
July 12 after he fainted at his Indira Bhavan residence.
The 96-year-old former Chief Minister slept well last
night and had taken food adequately, it said.
Basu was slowly being mobilised out of bed and was likely
to be released on Monday after final review by the medical
The panel of doctors will continue to monitor his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!