Basu progressing well, likely to be released on Monday
Kolkata: Marxist patriarch Jyoti Basu has
been progressing well and is likely to be released on Monday
after a final review by the medical board formed to monitor
his health condition.
"Basu`s sodium and potassium levels right now are within
normal limits," according to a medical bulletin issued by AMRI
hospital in Salt Lake where the CPI(M) veteran was admitted on
July 12 after he fainted at his Indira Bhavan residence.
The 96-year-old former Chief Minister slept well last
night and had taken food adequately, it said.
Basu was slowly being mobilised out of bed and was likely
to be released on Monday after final review by the medical
The panel of doctors will continue to monitor his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days