Bata to open 60 new stores every year pan-India
Mumbai: Footwear major, Bata India, today
said it will open 60 stores every year to reach out to
customers across India.
"We will open 60 new stores every year across the
country. These stores will operate in a four-tiered retail
format under a new retail model-up-market flagship stores,
smart and trendy city stores and super-stores and traditional
family stores," Bata India`s Group Managing Director, Marcello
Villagran, said in a statement issued here.
"Bata India will continue to bring the latest footwear
designs at very attractive prices for the consumer," Villagran
Bata India retails through over 1,200 stores and over
20,000 independent shoe dealers in over 400 cities pan-India.
The company today unveiled its upmarket flagship store in
Ghatkopar, in Mumbai. Marcello Villagran inaugurated the
store. Simran Kaur Mundi, Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2008,
was also present on the occasion.
Modelled after the international Bata stores, it will
have a wide-range of stylish, trendy and latest footwear
The Bata store is spread across 2,363 sq ft. The large
format enables proper display of the shoeline, which has over
800 new designs on offer and exciting shoes, the statement
Bata India Limited registered a turnover of Rs 1,008
crore and a profit of Rs 71.84-crore in FY 08.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof