Bata to open 60 new stores every year pan-India
Mumbai: Footwear major, Bata India, today
said it will open 60 stores every year to reach out to
customers across India.
"We will open 60 new stores every year across the
country. These stores will operate in a four-tiered retail
format under a new retail model-up-market flagship stores,
smart and trendy city stores and super-stores and traditional
family stores," Bata India`s Group Managing Director, Marcello
Villagran, said in a statement issued here.
"Bata India will continue to bring the latest footwear
designs at very attractive prices for the consumer," Villagran
Bata India retails through over 1,200 stores and over
20,000 independent shoe dealers in over 400 cities pan-India.
The company today unveiled its upmarket flagship store in
Ghatkopar, in Mumbai. Marcello Villagran inaugurated the
store. Simran Kaur Mundi, Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2008,
was also present on the occasion.
Modelled after the international Bata stores, it will
have a wide-range of stylish, trendy and latest footwear
The Bata store is spread across 2,363 sq ft. The large
format enables proper display of the shoeline, which has over
800 new designs on offer and exciting shoes, the statement
Bata India Limited registered a turnover of Rs 1,008
crore and a profit of Rs 71.84-crore in FY 08.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?