Bath City in FA Cup surprise at Grimsby
London: Minor league clubs Bath City, Staines Town and Kettering all produced shock away wins in the first round of the FA Cup on Saturday.
Bath defeated League Two (fourth division) Grimsby Town 2-0, Staines knocked out Shrewsbury 1-0 and Kettering were 1-0 winners at League One Hartlepool.
Luton Town, the 1959 FA Cup finalists but now playing outside the Football League after relegation last season, blew a great chance to beat League Two Rochdale. They led 3-0 at halftime but ended up drawing 3-3.
Brighton and Hove Albion, who also reached the final of the world`s most famous knockout competition, drew 4-4 with Wycombe.
League One side Norwich City were the day`s big winners, hammering tiny Paulton 7-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday