Bath City in FA Cup surprise at Grimsby
London: Minor league clubs Bath City, Staines Town and Kettering all produced shock away wins in the first round of the FA Cup on Saturday.
Bath defeated League Two (fourth division) Grimsby Town 2-0, Staines knocked out Shrewsbury 1-0 and Kettering were 1-0 winners at League One Hartlepool.
Luton Town, the 1959 FA Cup finalists but now playing outside the Football League after relegation last season, blew a great chance to beat League Two Rochdale. They led 3-0 at halftime but ended up drawing 3-3.
Brighton and Hove Albion, who also reached the final of the world`s most famous knockout competition, drew 4-4 with Wycombe.
League One side Norwich City were the day`s big winners, hammering tiny Paulton 7-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter