Batla House encounter: Muslim MPs demand judicial inquiry
New Delhi: Notwithstanding NHRC giving a
clean chit to Delhi Police in the Batla House encounter,
Muslim MPs from JD(U) and RLD today demanded a judicial
inquiry into the incident.
JD(U) MP Ejaz Ali said, "We do not agree with the NHRC
report. Police committed excesses not only on the youths who
were killed in the incident but also the death of Inspector MC
Sharma is doubtful. A judicial inquiry be ordered to clear
Rashtriya Lok Dal MP in Rajya Sabha Mahmood A Madani also
supported the demand for a judicial inquiry, while maintaining
that he has respect for NHRC.
"The government should order a judicial inquiry to clear
everything. What`s wrong in the demand. NHRC inquiry boosted
the morale of the police. Saying that inquiries will bring
down the morale of police is wrong," he said.
Congress member Raashid Alvi, however, felt that after
the NHRC report, "nobody should have any doubts" over the
incident and felt the issue should not be politicised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam