Batla House encounter: Muslim MPs demand judicial inquiry
New Delhi: Notwithstanding NHRC giving a
clean chit to Delhi Police in the Batla House encounter,
Muslim MPs from JD(U) and RLD today demanded a judicial
inquiry into the incident.
JD(U) MP Ejaz Ali said, "We do not agree with the NHRC
report. Police committed excesses not only on the youths who
were killed in the incident but also the death of Inspector MC
Sharma is doubtful. A judicial inquiry be ordered to clear
Rashtriya Lok Dal MP in Rajya Sabha Mahmood A Madani also
supported the demand for a judicial inquiry, while maintaining
that he has respect for NHRC.
"The government should order a judicial inquiry to clear
everything. What`s wrong in the demand. NHRC inquiry boosted
the morale of the police. Saying that inquiries will bring
down the morale of police is wrong," he said.
Congress member Raashid Alvi, however, felt that after
the NHRC report, "nobody should have any doubts" over the
incident and felt the issue should not be politicised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands