Batla House encounter: Muslim MPs demand judicial inquiry
New Delhi: Notwithstanding NHRC giving a
clean chit to Delhi Police in the Batla House encounter,
Muslim MPs from JD(U) and RLD today demanded a judicial
inquiry into the incident.
JD(U) MP Ejaz Ali said, "We do not agree with the NHRC
report. Police committed excesses not only on the youths who
were killed in the incident but also the death of Inspector MC
Sharma is doubtful. A judicial inquiry be ordered to clear
Rashtriya Lok Dal MP in Rajya Sabha Mahmood A Madani also
supported the demand for a judicial inquiry, while maintaining
that he has respect for NHRC.
"The government should order a judicial inquiry to clear
everything. What`s wrong in the demand. NHRC inquiry boosted
the morale of the police. Saying that inquiries will bring
down the morale of police is wrong," he said.
Congress member Raashid Alvi, however, felt that after
the NHRC report, "nobody should have any doubts" over the
incident and felt the issue should not be politicised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani