Bayern refuse to release Ribery for French FA hearing
Paris: Bayern Munich will not release France forward Franck Ribery for a disciplinary hearing by the French Football Federation to probe his alleged role in the team’s World Cup revolt, the German champions said on Monday.
Ribery is one of five France players summoned by the FFF. The hearing is scheduled for August 17, three days before the start of the new Bundesliga season.
“Under FIFA rules, clubs are forced to release their players only for set dates on the international calendar,” Bayern said in a statement posted on their website.
“It is not the case here and for that reason, FC Bayern Munich will not make Franck Ribery available for that hearing,” the statement added.
Ribery was a prominent member of the France team who boycotted a training session in South Africa in support of striker Nicolas Anelka, who was banished from the squad for insulting coach Raymond Domenech.
Anelka, Patrice Evra, Eric Abidal and Jeremy Toulalan have also been summoned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, BJP gains lead in Pune; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar