Bayern striker Klose injured again, out for three weeks
Berlin: Bayern Munich striker Miroslav Klose has been ruled out for three weeks with a torn thigh muscle only a day after recovering from a similar injury that had kept him out for two weeks, the club said on Thursday.
The 32-year-old striker was injured during training with the reserve team on Wednesday and will miss his the champions` next few league matches as well as their Champions League clash at CFR Cluj next week.
"He was again diagnosed with a muscle injury in his left thigh, just as he had recovered from the injury in the same thigh," the club said in a statement.
Klose`s absence is a further blow to the champions who are 11th in the Bundesliga after a poor start to the season.
Bayern are already without injured wingers Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery as well as captain Mark van Bommel and defender Diego Contento among others.
Striker Ivica Olic and defender Daniel van Buyten have recovered from their injuries and are expected to play in their league match against Freiburg on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!