Bayern striker Klose injured again, out for three weeks
Berlin: Bayern Munich striker Miroslav Klose has been ruled out for three weeks with a torn thigh muscle only a day after recovering from a similar injury that had kept him out for two weeks, the club said on Thursday.
The 32-year-old striker was injured during training with the reserve team on Wednesday and will miss his the champions` next few league matches as well as their Champions League clash at CFR Cluj next week.
"He was again diagnosed with a muscle injury in his left thigh, just as he had recovered from the injury in the same thigh," the club said in a statement.
Klose`s absence is a further blow to the champions who are 11th in the Bundesliga after a poor start to the season.
Bayern are already without injured wingers Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery as well as captain Mark van Bommel and defender Diego Contento among others.
Striker Ivica Olic and defender Daniel van Buyten have recovered from their injuries and are expected to play in their league match against Freiburg on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"