Bayern striker Klose injured again, out for three weeks
Berlin: Bayern Munich striker Miroslav Klose has been ruled out for three weeks with a torn thigh muscle only a day after recovering from a similar injury that had kept him out for two weeks, the club said on Thursday.
The 32-year-old striker was injured during training with the reserve team on Wednesday and will miss his the champions` next few league matches as well as their Champions League clash at CFR Cluj next week.
"He was again diagnosed with a muscle injury in his left thigh, just as he had recovered from the injury in the same thigh," the club said in a statement.
Klose`s absence is a further blow to the champions who are 11th in the Bundesliga after a poor start to the season.
Bayern are already without injured wingers Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery as well as captain Mark van Bommel and defender Diego Contento among others.
Striker Ivica Olic and defender Daniel van Buyten have recovered from their injuries and are expected to play in their league match against Freiburg on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state