Bayern striker Klose injured again, out for three weeks
Berlin: Bayern Munich striker Miroslav Klose has been ruled out for three weeks with a torn thigh muscle only a day after recovering from a similar injury that had kept him out for two weeks, the club said on Thursday.
The 32-year-old striker was injured during training with the reserve team on Wednesday and will miss his the champions` next few league matches as well as their Champions League clash at CFR Cluj next week.
"He was again diagnosed with a muscle injury in his left thigh, just as he had recovered from the injury in the same thigh," the club said in a statement.
Klose`s absence is a further blow to the champions who are 11th in the Bundesliga after a poor start to the season.
Bayern are already without injured wingers Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery as well as captain Mark van Bommel and defender Diego Contento among others.
Striker Ivica Olic and defender Daniel van Buyten have recovered from their injuries and are expected to play in their league match against Freiburg on Friday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan