BCCI bans Services for not playing in J&K
Srinagar: In what came as a jolt to the cricket lovers in Jammu and Kashmir, Services team refused to play their Ranji Trophy match in the capital city of Srinagar citing security reasons for pull-out.
Farooq Abdullah, President, J & K Cricket Association, was visibly angry on the no-show by the services team and said that he was disappointed and would take the case to the Prime Minister and BCCI.
The BCCI, meanwhile, said it would decide on whether to penalise Services after investigating the reasons of the team`s pullout.
"The BCCI rules will be applicable in the case and will investigate the reasons for Services` refusal and take necessary action," a BCCI official said.
It was learnt by Zeenews that the BCCI had indeed banned the team from playing further matches till the full investigation of the matter is complete.
"Services have negated what the Prime Minister, the Defence Minister and the Home Minister have said, that Kashmir is normal. We have also had ambassadors coming here. This shows that some vested interests don`t want Kashmir to normalise," Abdullah fumed.
"I will take this up with the government of India. We were all waiting for the Services. We were here to welcome them. It looks very bad that of all teams, Services decided not to come. It shows a very bad image of India," he told reporters here.
"What is the government of India doing?" he thundered.
"They have been advised not to come. Now, we will have to find out, who has advised them not to come. This incident has got a much larger picture. It is about, is Kashmir normal or not?"
"Services is saying Kashmir is not normal. To hell with them for that...they want us to burn all the time so that they can remain our masters," a livid Abdullah said.
Services have given a walkover to J&K in the Plate Division match, saying they have security apprehensions about coming here for the match.
Assistant coach of Services J P Pandey said that the team was asked not to proceed for the match in Jammu and Kashmir and were told to prepare for the next game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday