BCCI gets request for Rs 25 crore grant from AIFF
Mumbai: The Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) today revealed that the All India Football Federation has sought from them a Rs 25 crore grant for the development of the game in the country.
"Praful Patel (acting President of the AIFF) has approached us for a grant of Rs 25 crore for the development of football," said BCCI`s Finance Committee Chairman Rajiv Shukla here today.
Patel had neither confirmed nor denied news reports last month if the AIFF had asked the BCCI a one-time grant of Rs 10 crore to prepare the national team for the 2011 Asia Cup for which India have qualified after a long gap.
Shukla said the BCCI was now thinking whether it was better to give grants directly to the federations running other sports or support them through the government.
The BCCI had created a corpus of Rs 50 crore in 2008 by setting up the National Sports Development Fund for supporting five games - swimming, archery, judo, wrestling and shooting.
It has also given individual grants in the past to tennis player Karan Rastogi (Rs 40 lakh), squash player Aditya Jagtap (Rs 26 lakh) and shuttler Anand Pawar (Rs 14 lakh) as part of its policy to finance their training and participation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org