BCCI rewards Team India for Test series win
Mumbai: The Indian Cricket Board, BCCI, on Sunday decided to reward members of the Indian cricket team with Rs 25 lakh each after the national team won three-match Test series against Sri Lanka.
The team, under the leadership of Mahendra Singh Dhoni, also secured the top spot in the ICC Test rankings.
Board President Shashank Manohar announced at the BCCI awards function here that each support staff and selection committee members will get Rs 10 lakh.
“We have decided to give each Indian cricket team member Rs 25 lakh for becoming the number one in ICC Test rankings,” Manohar said.
The BCCI also announced a cash reward of get Rs 10 lakh for each of the support staff and selection committee member.
“Each of the support staff and selection committee members will be given Rs 10 lakh,” he added.
India on Sunday became the number one team in the ICC Test Championships after their innings victory over Sri Lanka in the third and final match here to win the series 2-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi