BCCI rewards Team India for Test series win
Mumbai: The Indian Cricket Board, BCCI, on Sunday decided to reward members of the Indian cricket team with Rs 25 lakh each after the national team won three-match Test series against Sri Lanka.
The team, under the leadership of Mahendra Singh Dhoni, also secured the top spot in the ICC Test rankings.
Board President Shashank Manohar announced at the BCCI awards function here that each support staff and selection committee members will get Rs 10 lakh.
“We have decided to give each Indian cricket team member Rs 25 lakh for becoming the number one in ICC Test rankings,” Manohar said.
The BCCI also announced a cash reward of get Rs 10 lakh for each of the support staff and selection committee member.
“Each of the support staff and selection committee members will be given Rs 10 lakh,” he added.
India on Sunday became the number one team in the ICC Test Championships after their innings victory over Sri Lanka in the third and final match here to win the series 2-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs