BCCI Secy lodges police complaint against Modi
Chennai,: BCCI Secretary N Sreenivasan on Wednesday lodged a police complaint here against suspended IPL chief Lalit Modi alleging criminal misappropriation of funds to the tune of Rs 470 crore.
Talking to reporters, City Police Commissioner T Rajendran said Sreenivasan had "preferred a police complaint" against Modi for criminal misappropriation of BCCI funds
totalling Rs 470 crore, mainly on allotting media rights and free commercial rights.
"There are three main charges...It is a detailed complaint that they have given.So we will go through the complaint. It will be investigated by us as BCCI is registered in Chennai," Rajendran said.
Sreenivasan, who is the President-elect of BCCI, alleged there were a lot of charges against Modi which have attracted cases under the Indian Penal Code.
He said the BCCI general body had decided that a comprehensive police complaint must be lodged against Modi. Police have assured him that "they will look into it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video