BCCI serves notice to Dixit over Sachin`s comment
New Delhi: Upset with his remarks on batting legend Sachin Tendulkar on twitter over the controversial Jaipur pitch, Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Tuesday served showcause notice on Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA) secretary Sanjay Dixit.
Dixit, who also had a spat with Rajasthan Royals skipper Shane Warne over the pitch, has been given 15 days to answer the showcause notice.
Sources close to BCCI said that the board president was terribly upset with the RCA secretary over his twitter comments in which he had criticized Sachin Tendulkar for blaming the Jaipur pitch for Mumbai Indians’ poor performance against Rajasthan Royals.
Put into bat, Mumbai were bowled out for a paltry 94 and Rajasthan chased down the target with in 18.1 overs.
After the loss Tendulkar said that the pitch was ‘two-paced’ and the ball had ‘kept low’.
RCA Secretary Sanjay Dixit had, then, tweeted: ‘Sachin gets out off a full toss. Can’t blame the pitch this time’ after Tendulkar had been dismissed for 51 against Punjab in the next league match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon