BCCI serves notice to Dixit over Sachin`s comment
New Delhi: Upset with his remarks on batting legend Sachin Tendulkar on twitter over the controversial Jaipur pitch, Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Tuesday served showcause notice on Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA) secretary Sanjay Dixit.
Dixit, who also had a spat with Rajasthan Royals skipper Shane Warne over the pitch, has been given 15 days to answer the showcause notice.
Sources close to BCCI said that the board president was terribly upset with the RCA secretary over his twitter comments in which he had criticized Sachin Tendulkar for blaming the Jaipur pitch for Mumbai Indians’ poor performance against Rajasthan Royals.
Put into bat, Mumbai were bowled out for a paltry 94 and Rajasthan chased down the target with in 18.1 overs.
After the loss Tendulkar said that the pitch was ‘two-paced’ and the ball had ‘kept low’.
RCA Secretary Sanjay Dixit had, then, tweeted: ‘Sachin gets out off a full toss. Can’t blame the pitch this time’ after Tendulkar had been dismissed for 51 against Punjab in the next league match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets