Beckham tipped to be future England manager
London: Former England manager Peter Taylor believes that England and Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder David Beckham has what if takes to become the Three Lions’ top boss.
Taylor also thinks that Beckham can succeed Fabio Capello when he leaves the job after the 2012 European Championship.
“Ten years ago I would have said you need a manager with experience. But now I’ve had a look at the situation and I think anybody that’s played for England on lots of occasions could easily manage England. You look at David Beckham, Gary Neville, Alan Shearer. They would have a lot of respect from people because of what they have done in their careers,” The Sun quoted Taylor, as saying.
“Beckham could easily organize a team, pick a team, and get staff to make sure they prepare correctly,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing