Beckham tipped to be future England manager
London: Former England manager Peter Taylor believes that England and Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder David Beckham has what if takes to become the Three Lions’ top boss.
Taylor also thinks that Beckham can succeed Fabio Capello when he leaves the job after the 2012 European Championship.
“Ten years ago I would have said you need a manager with experience. But now I’ve had a look at the situation and I think anybody that’s played for England on lots of occasions could easily manage England. You look at David Beckham, Gary Neville, Alan Shearer. They would have a lot of respect from people because of what they have done in their careers,” The Sun quoted Taylor, as saying.
“Beckham could easily organize a team, pick a team, and get staff to make sure they prepare correctly,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended