Beckham tipped to be future England manager
London: Former England manager Peter Taylor believes that England and Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder David Beckham has what if takes to become the Three Lions’ top boss.
Taylor also thinks that Beckham can succeed Fabio Capello when he leaves the job after the 2012 European Championship.
“Ten years ago I would have said you need a manager with experience. But now I’ve had a look at the situation and I think anybody that’s played for England on lots of occasions could easily manage England. You look at David Beckham, Gary Neville, Alan Shearer. They would have a lot of respect from people because of what they have done in their careers,” The Sun quoted Taylor, as saying.
“Beckham could easily organize a team, pick a team, and get staff to make sure they prepare correctly,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed