Beckham yearns to play for England in Olympics
Los Angeles: Former England and now L A Galaxy star David Beckham believes that he has at least two more years in football and yearns to play for Great Britain in the London Olympics next year.
Currently residing in a 22-million dollar estate in Los Angeles, Beckham, 36, says his five-year contract with Galaxy comes to an end in November.
His gut feeling is that he will carry on.
"One, maybe two more years. I`m still enjoying getting up in the morning to go training and, until that changes, I don`t see any reason to stop just yet. OK, I still have to play at a certain level, but I think I do that," a daily quoted Beckham, as saying.
Beckham has other reasons for hanging on. The European Championship finals might be out of reach, but there is an invitation to play for Team Great Britain in the London Olympics.
"I`d love to be involved and, for that to happen, I still have to be playing by then," he said.
Beyond that there is no desire to go into coaching or management.
"I love coaching kids but that`s as far as it has ever gone. In 10 years it might change but, right now, I`m not looking to go into that side of things. It`s not something I think I would enjoy," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY