Beckham yearns to play for England in Olympics
Los Angeles: Former England and now L A Galaxy star David Beckham believes that he has at least two more years in football and yearns to play for Great Britain in the London Olympics next year.
Currently residing in a 22-million dollar estate in Los Angeles, Beckham, 36, says his five-year contract with Galaxy comes to an end in November.
His gut feeling is that he will carry on.
"One, maybe two more years. I`m still enjoying getting up in the morning to go training and, until that changes, I don`t see any reason to stop just yet. OK, I still have to play at a certain level, but I think I do that," a daily quoted Beckham, as saying.
Beckham has other reasons for hanging on. The European Championship finals might be out of reach, but there is an invitation to play for Team Great Britain in the London Olympics.
"I`d love to be involved and, for that to happen, I still have to be playing by then," he said.
Beyond that there is no desire to go into coaching or management.
"I love coaching kids but that`s as far as it has ever gone. In 10 years it might change but, right now, I`m not looking to go into that side of things. It`s not something I think I would enjoy," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'