`Becoming No. 1 team is dream come true`
Mumbai: An ecstatic Sachin Tendulkar said that becoming the number one Test team in the world was like a dream come true and that he had been waiting for this moment since the start of his career.
“Fantastic to be at this position. I have been waiting a long time to get to this position (No 1). In fact just not me, entire nation,” he said.
Tendulkar credited the win to the support staff, including now sacked bowling and fielding coach Venkatesh Prasad and Robin Singh respectively.
“I thought Gary (Kirsten) and Paddy (Paddy Upton), along with Robin Singh and Venkatesh Prasad, all credit to them for handling the team brilliantly. Also all the players have worked very hard in the last 18 months. Right from no 1 batter to no. 7 we have a solid batting line-up,” he added.
The master said that the wicket was a very good one to bat on.
“This pitch was a brilliant wicket. There was some turn on the first day and I knew one roll would settle it down and it did.”
A smiling Tendulkar then took a good humoured dig at Yuvraj Singh for calling him a grandpa. "I have told Yuvraj Singh not to call me Grandpa. I have lots of names for him too and I can expose him there!”
He also laughed off retirement talks.
“No retirement as long as I am enjoying the game."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'