`Becoming No. 1 team is dream come true`
Mumbai: An ecstatic Sachin Tendulkar said that becoming the number one Test team in the world was like a dream come true and that he had been waiting for this moment since the start of his career.
“Fantastic to be at this position. I have been waiting a long time to get to this position (No 1). In fact just not me, entire nation,” he said.
Tendulkar credited the win to the support staff, including now sacked bowling and fielding coach Venkatesh Prasad and Robin Singh respectively.
“I thought Gary (Kirsten) and Paddy (Paddy Upton), along with Robin Singh and Venkatesh Prasad, all credit to them for handling the team brilliantly. Also all the players have worked very hard in the last 18 months. Right from no 1 batter to no. 7 we have a solid batting line-up,” he added.
The master said that the wicket was a very good one to bat on.
“This pitch was a brilliant wicket. There was some turn on the first day and I knew one roll would settle it down and it did.”
A smiling Tendulkar then took a good humoured dig at Yuvraj Singh for calling him a grandpa. "I have told Yuvraj Singh not to call me Grandpa. I have lots of names for him too and I can expose him there!”
He also laughed off retirement talks.
“No retirement as long as I am enjoying the game."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa