Beef will not be served during CWG: Kalmadi
New Delhi: The Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Thursday said that beef will not be served during the mega sporting event to be held in the capital Oct 3-14.
‘We made this decision (not to serve beef) some weeks ago and have informed our catering contractors accordingly,’ said Suresh Kalmadi, chairman of the Games organising committee.
‘There seems to be a perception that cow’s meat will be served during the Games. I hope this clarification will clear all doubts,’ he said.
Some organisations had raised concerns that beef would be served during the Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown