Beef will not be served during CWG: Kalmadi
New Delhi: The Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Thursday said that beef will not be served during the mega sporting event to be held in the capital Oct 3-14.
‘We made this decision (not to serve beef) some weeks ago and have informed our catering contractors accordingly,’ said Suresh Kalmadi, chairman of the Games organising committee.
‘There seems to be a perception that cow’s meat will be served during the Games. I hope this clarification will clear all doubts,’ he said.
Some organisations had raised concerns that beef would be served during the Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!