Beef will not be served during CWG: Kalmadi
New Delhi: The Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Thursday said that beef will not be served during the mega sporting event to be held in the capital Oct 3-14.
‘We made this decision (not to serve beef) some weeks ago and have informed our catering contractors accordingly,’ said Suresh Kalmadi, chairman of the Games organising committee.
‘There seems to be a perception that cow’s meat will be served during the Games. I hope this clarification will clear all doubts,’ he said.
Some organisations had raised concerns that beef would be served during the Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar