Ben Crane birdies final hole to win Malaysian thriller
KUALA LUMPUR – Ben Crane won his fourth PGA Tour title on Sunday when he birdied the last to win the $6 million co-sanctioned Asia Pacific Classic in Malaysia.
Overnight leader Crane struck a final round two-under-par 69 for an 18-under, 266, total as he beat England`s Brian Davis by one-shot at the Mines Resort and Golf Club in the first PGA Tour event in South east Asia.
Davis produced a storming birdie-eagle-birdie finish as he closed with a final round of 66 to tie Crane before the American calmly rolled in an eight footer on the final green for victory.
Scot Martin Laird (66) and England`s Luke Donald (67) shared third place while three-times major winner Ernie Els of South Africa finished tied fifth with a final round 66.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it