Ben Crane birdies final hole to win Malaysian thriller
KUALA LUMPUR – Ben Crane won his fourth PGA Tour title on Sunday when he birdied the last to win the $6 million co-sanctioned Asia Pacific Classic in Malaysia.
Overnight leader Crane struck a final round two-under-par 69 for an 18-under, 266, total as he beat England`s Brian Davis by one-shot at the Mines Resort and Golf Club in the first PGA Tour event in South east Asia.
Davis produced a storming birdie-eagle-birdie finish as he closed with a final round of 66 to tie Crane before the American calmly rolled in an eight footer on the final green for victory.
Scot Martin Laird (66) and England`s Luke Donald (67) shared third place while three-times major winner Ernie Els of South Africa finished tied fifth with a final round 66.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress