Bendtner confident of keeping Arsenal`s Champions League title bid alive
London: Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner reckons that his club can complete one of the greatest European comebacks and march through to the Champions League semi-final after defeating Barcelona in Tuesday`s return leg at the Nou Camp.
Bendtner remains confident despite injuries to key players, including skipper Cesc Fabregas, defender William Gallas and winger Andrey Arshavin.
"We have to win to go through and I believe we have the quality all round the team to score goals from everywhere," Bendtner said.
"But I don`t agree that it is Barcelona who are now under the more pressure. They are obviously a very good side and they are at home. So, it is going to be a very difficult game out there," he added.
The 22-year-old further admitted that Arsenal were fortunate to manage a 2-2 draw in last Wednesday`s quarterfinal tie at the Emirates Stadium.
"After the first 20 minutes, we were lucky the game was still 0-0. Then we gave away two easy goals, but we fought back and showed belief and character to get back to 2-2. That is the belief we must now take into the second half," Bendtner said.
Meanwhile, Barcelona will be without key striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who scored both the goals in the first-leg, due to injury.
Ibrahimovic was forced to sit out of Barcelona`s 4-1 home win over Athletic Bilbao in a Spanish league game after hurting his calf in the warm-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery