Bendtner fit to lead Denmark attack
Johannesburg: Nicklas Bendtner was surprisingly named to lead Denmark’s attack against Netherlands in their opening Group E match at Soccer City on Monday.
Coach Morten Olsen had said on Sunday the 22-year-old striker, who was recovering from a groin injury, would not be fit enough to play against the Dutch.
Rafael van der Vaart comes in for Netherlands on the left wing in place of the injured Arjen Robben, who is recovering from a hamstring injury and only joined the squad two days ago.
Central striker Robin van Persie will also get support from Dirk Kuyt on the right with the in-form Wesley Sneijder pulling the strings in midfield.
Giovanni van Bronckhorst will lead out the Netherlands on his 100th international appearance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati