Beni sticks to his stand of tie-up with BSP
Lucknow: Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma,
who created a flutter by advocating Congress` post-poll
alliance with BSP in Uttar Pradesh, on Monday stuck to his stand
saying there should be no truck with "a party of goondas".
"BSP is better than SP which is a party of goondas
...even if Congress falls short of the majority mark, it would
have the key to government formation", Verma said.
In case there is a need for taking help for
government formation, "BSP is a better choice than SP", Verma
said adding SP would not be able to form the government on its
"Wait till tomorrow... in case there is no clear
mandate, the issue would be discussed with the party high
command where I will present my views as to which party should
be preferred and why ", Verma said.
Meanwhile UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi, when
contacted, said Verma has always been expressing his views
openly and he has done the same this time also, which is his
"There is no change in the party stand as such... we will
stake claim only in the event of getting majority or emerging
as the single largest party or else sit in the opposition",
she said adding exit polls would be proved wrong tomorrow when
counting of votes is taken up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!