Bent says pulled out of England squad with injury
London: Aston Villa striker Darren Bent was due to be included in England`s squad for Wednesday`s friendly with Netherlands but pulled out injured, he said on Sunday.
Danny Welbeck was therefore chosen as the fourth striker in the squad named by Fabio Capello on Saturday despite looking set to be a Manchester United reserve this season while Tottenham Hotspur`s Jermain Defoe was overlooked.
"Gutted I had to pull out of the England squad, the shoulder has been bothering me and want to make sure I`m fully fit for the big KO (Premier league kickoff) next week," Bent wrote on Twitter.
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere was included in the squad despite suffering his own knock.
"They can include him as much as they want, he will not play," Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger told his club`s website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!