Berbatov becomes Bulgaria`s leading goalscorer
Sofia: Dimitar Berbatov became Bulgaria`s all-time leading scorer with 48 goals after netting twice in a 4-1 win against Malta in a friendly on Wednesday.
The 28-year-old Bulgarian captain and Manchester United striker scored from close range in the 75th minute to equal former midfielder Hristo Bonev`s tally of 47 goals.
Berbatov added his second seven minutes later to break the record in his 74th international.
Valeri Bojinov and Blagoy Georgiev were also on target for Bulgaria while Michael Mifsud scored Malta`s consolation seconds after the interval with an easy finish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation