Berlin brothel cuts rates for `green` customers
Berlin: Part of Berlin`s red-light scene
is going green.
One bordello, hoping to stave off falling demand in
the economic crisis, has begun offering discounts to customers
who pedal bicycles to the door.
"It`s very difficult to find parking around here, and
this option is better for our environment," said Thomas Goetz,
who owns the brothel Maison d`Envie, or House of Desire.
Local residents in Prenzlauer Berg a part of former
East Berlin now home to scores of trendy boutiques,
restaurants and clubs had staunchly supported the Green party
in recent elections and have welcomed the bordello`s offer to
emphasise the environment.
The bordellos in the capital of Germany, where
prostitution is legal, have seen business suffer with the
global financial crisis.
Patrons have become more frugal, and there are fewer
potential customers coming to the city for business trips and
But Maison d`Envie has seen its business begin to
return since it began offering the USD 7.50) discount in July,
To qualify, customers must show the receptionist
either a bicycle padlock key or proof they used public transit
to get to the neighborhood. That knocks the price for 45
minutes in a room, for example, to euro65 from euro70.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack