BFI name 12-member squad for basketball tourney
New Delhi: Basketball Federation of India (BFI) has named 12-member squad for the 33rd William Jones International Basketball tournament to be held in Chinese Taipei from July 31.
The list of 12-member women squad, which includes the likes of Geethu Anna Jose, was released on Monday by the newly appointed coach Pete Gaudet who has been working with the probables since last one month.
The five-day tournament will be the first international assignment for the team under new American head coach and is expected to serve as a preparation for the 24th FIBA Asia Championship for Women to be held in Japan from August 21-28.
Indian hoopsters are scheduled to kickstart their campaign against Taiwan World University Games (WUG) on July 31.
Other women`s team who have confirmed their participation in the event are Japan and Korea.
Squad: Prashanti Singh, Geethu Anna Jose, P Anitha, Akanksha Singh, Raspreet Sidhu, M Pushpa, Shireen Limaye, S Kokila, Harjeet Kaur, Bharti Netam, Smruthi R K, Kruthika Lakshman.
Reserves: Sonika Ohlyan and Asha Hegde.
Head Coach: Pete Gaudet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened