Bhaichung Bhutia planning Indian Football League with John Abraham
New Delhi: Bollywood star John Abraham,
known for his passion for sports, has initiated a plan with
football ace Bhaichung Bhutia to hold an Indian Football
League on the lines of IPL.
John and Bhaichung have submitted a detailed proposal
to the All India Football Federation (AIFF) in this regard and
are also planning to open an academy for the sport in West
"We have spoken to the AIFF Vice President about the
plans to have an Indian Football League. Bhaichung has been
talking to them so I cannot tell you exactly what is the
status on that. We are also planning to open a football
academy, most probably in West Bengal," said John.
The 37-year-old actor is also hopeful that India might
one day host a premier motorcycle racing event like the Moto
GP and have a racer like Valentino Rossi compete in India.
"India is a force to reckon with, we are about to host
the Commonwealth Games, so I don`t see why we cannot host an
event like Moto GP and have Rossi ride in India," said John,
who was in the Delhi NCR today to launch three new bike models
- SZ, SZ-X and YBR 125 from Yamaha.
An enthusiastic biker that he is, the `Dostana` star
also admitted that he takes calculated risks as far as
motorcycle-riding is concerned.
"I am a risk taker, there is a saying that higher the
risk the more you gain. But it is important to take
calculative risk since you have to remember you are on two
wheels and not four," said John.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen