Bharti Airtel dips 2% in morning trade on bourses
Mumbai: Shares of telecom giant Bharti
Airtel Wednesday dipped as much as two per cent on the bourses
after market regulator SEBI revised takeover norms, which is
likely to have major ramification on its proposed deal with
South Africa`s MTN.
Shares of Bharti Airtel opened on a weak note on the
Bombay Stock Exchange and soon lost further ground to witness
an intra-day low of Rs 420, a dip of nearly two per cent from
its previous closing price.
Marketmen said the counter witnessed heavy selling in a
flat market as the revision in takeover norms are likely to
have major ramification on the fate of the proposed Bharti-MTN
deal, with both the parties still hammering out contentious
issues including an open offer.
On the National Stock Exchange, the stock opened at
Rs 430 and then declined further to its day`s low of Rs 421, a
fall of 1.76 per cent from its last close.
On the volume front, over 7.31 lakh shares exchanged
hands on the BSE as well as on the NSE.
As per the revised takeover norms, an open offer is
mandatory if 15 per cent stake is bought in a company through
securities including American Depository Receipts (ADRs) and
Global Depository Receipts (GDRs).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India