Bharti Airtel`s share in SingTel Q2 profit rises 26%
Singapore/New Delhi: Singapore`s leading telecom firm SingTel today said contribution of Bharti Airtel, in which the company holds nearly 32 per cent stake, to its profit rose by 26% to 236 million Singapore dollars (around USD 170 million) for the July-September quarter.
SingTel posted a profit of 956 million Singapore dollars
for the quarter ended September, a growth 10.1 per cent
compared to the same period last year.
"The Group`s share of pre-tax contribution from Bharti
increased 26 per cent to 236 million Singapore dollars. The
growth was also due to lower fair value losses on mark-to-
market valuation on its foreign currency denominated
liabilities," SingTel said in a statement.
SingTel said Bharti Airtel added 33 million customers
during the quarter to take the total number of subscriber base
to 110.5 million as on September 30, 2009.
Although, operating revenue growth slowed to nine per
cent and revenue per user also dropped as a result of "intense
competition" and new players entering Indian mobile market.
SingTel`s consolidated revenue rose to 4.10 billion
Singapore dollars in the July to September quarter of 2009
from 3.89 billion Singapore dollars in the year-ago period.
The group`s overall good result is led by robust
performance in its Singapore and Australia businesses and
strong earnings recovery by Telkomsel, which provides cellular
services in Indonesia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video