Bharti Wal-Mart looks at south, west to open stores
Bangalore: Bharti Wal-Mart, a joint venture
between Bharti Enterprises and US retail major Wal-Mart, is
looking at opening its outlets in southern and western parts
of the country, a top company official said on Monday.
The company is planning to open its wholesale
cash-n-carry stores in the two region.
"After north, the discussion is really south or west. We
believe southern markets are much more growth oriented,"
Bharti Enterprises Vice-Chairman and Managing Director Rajan
Bharti Mittal told reporters here.
The JV had opened the first cash-and-carry outlet in
Amritsar in May this year and had announced plans to have up
to 15 such outlets across the country in the next 5-6 years.
Its another store in Punjab is expected to come up by
December this year, company officials said.
Mittal said ecosystem in the south is far better than the
north. "Hopefully, south will see some action from us. We have
to be a pan-India company".
"....we are already looking at real estate pieces here
in southern and western parts. It (opening stores) depends on
how real estate plays its game," Mittal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof