Bhat in pre-quarterfinals of Australian Open badminton
Melbourne: National champion Arvind Bhat reached the pre-quarterfinals of the Australian Open badminton tournament after beating Iranian Kaveh Mehrabi in the second round here on Wednesday.
Arvind was the lone survivor from India in men`s singles as his colleagues RMV Gurusai Datt, Aditya Elango and Eshan Naqvi lost their respective matches.
Arvind defeated Mehrabi 21-14, 21-16, but the other Indians in the fray had a disappointing day.
Datt lost to China`s Yi Lu 11-21, 18-21, Elango was shown the door by Tommy Sugiarto of Indonesia 12-21, 5-21, while Naqvi was knocked out by Hong Kong`s Yan Kit Chan 7-21, 8-21.
Arvind had defeated USA`s Nicholas Jinadasa 21-19 21-5 in the first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'