BHEL Q2 profit rises 39% to Rs 857.88 cr
Mumbai: State-run Bharat Heavy Electricals
Ltd (BHEL) on Friday reported a 39 per cent rise in its net profit
to Rs 857.88 crore for the second quarter ended September 30.
The company had a net profit of Rs 615.77 crore during
the three month period September 30, 2008.
Net sales of the electrical equipment maker rose to Rs
6,625.21 crore in the latest quarter of the current financial
year from Rs 5,342.63 crore of the same period a year earlier,
BHEL said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
At the end of the July-September quarter, the company had
an outstanding order book position of about Rs 1,25,800 crore,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter