Bhullar, Lahiri to lead Indian challenge
New Delhi: Gaganjeet Bhullar and Anirban
Lahiri, who teamed up to grab a silver medal five years ago at
the Asian Games in Doha, will come together again to try and
grab a berth in the Omega Mission Hills Golf World Cup later
The highly talented duo, who have three wins between them
on the Asian Tour, will form the Indian challenge at the Omega
Mission Hills World Cup Asian Qualifying next week at the Seri
Selangor Golf Club.
There will be three berths available from the Asian
Bhullar, a two-time winner on the Asian Tour, won the
inaugural European Challenge Tour event in India, besides
three other wins on the domestic Indian PGTI Tour.
Lahiri, who won his maiden Asian Tour title at the
Panasonic Masters, also has two wins on the Indian Tour.
With seven wins between them on various Tours this
season, the duo is keen to make their debut at the USD 7.5
million Omega Mission Hills World Cup in China in November.
A total of 19 teams have signed up for the qualifier at
the challenging Seri Selangor Golf Club.
The format of competition at the biennial Omega Mission
Hills World Cup Asian Qualifying will be the same as the Omega
Mission Hills World Cup, with four-ball (better ball) being
played in the first and third rounds and foursomes (alternate
shot) used in the second and final rounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed