Bhullar makes a smart move up to 15th in Indonesia
Jakarta: Gaganjeet Bhullar made up a lot of lost ground with a four-under 68 that took him to tied 15th at the end of three rounds in the USD 750,000 Indonesian Masters.
Bhullar, tied 32nd after two rounds, moved up to 15th. Also making a good move up was Sujjan Singh, who carded 69 and moved to one-under for three rounds and 26th place at the Royale Jakarta Golf Club.
Amandeep Johl (74) and Digvijay Singh (76) were tied 60th and 67th respectively with one more round to go. Only four of the nine Indians made the cut in the event.
Lee Westwood shot a brilliant six-under-par 66 in the third round today to move into a five-shot lead after three rounds. He even had the luxury of bogeying the last hole and still lead the field by five.
Next in line was Thitiphun Chuayproakong of Thailand, whose 69 saw him reach 11-under for the week.
Bhullar had a sedate front nine with two birdies and two bogeys but had four birdies between the 10th and 15th to move to 68.
Sujjan Singh opened with two birdies and added a third on seventh. On the back nine he had two each of birdies and bogeys for his 69.
Westwood, No 1 in the world for 17 weeks, before being replaced by Martin Kaymer in February is in the running of regaining the top spot if he wins this week and Luke Donald does not in the United States.
Asian Tour rookie Park Hyun-bin of Korea, who has only one bogey (second round) in his campaign so far, fired a 70 to share second place with Thitiphun Chuayprakong of Thailand on a 205 total in the inaugural event.
Thailand`s Prayad Marksaeng fired a 69, courtesy of an eagle three on the 12th hole to lie in fourth place while Bangladeshi Siddikur, Filipino Antonio Lascuna and Thai duo Prom Meesawat and Thongchai Jaidee are a stroke back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof