Bhullar makes a smart move up to 15th in Indonesia
Jakarta: Gaganjeet Bhullar made up a lot of lost ground with a four-under 68 that took him to tied 15th at the end of three rounds in the USD 750,000 Indonesian Masters.
Bhullar, tied 32nd after two rounds, moved up to 15th. Also making a good move up was Sujjan Singh, who carded 69 and moved to one-under for three rounds and 26th place at the Royale Jakarta Golf Club.
Amandeep Johl (74) and Digvijay Singh (76) were tied 60th and 67th respectively with one more round to go. Only four of the nine Indians made the cut in the event.
Lee Westwood shot a brilliant six-under-par 66 in the third round today to move into a five-shot lead after three rounds. He even had the luxury of bogeying the last hole and still lead the field by five.
Next in line was Thitiphun Chuayproakong of Thailand, whose 69 saw him reach 11-under for the week.
Bhullar had a sedate front nine with two birdies and two bogeys but had four birdies between the 10th and 15th to move to 68.
Sujjan Singh opened with two birdies and added a third on seventh. On the back nine he had two each of birdies and bogeys for his 69.
Westwood, No 1 in the world for 17 weeks, before being replaced by Martin Kaymer in February is in the running of regaining the top spot if he wins this week and Luke Donald does not in the United States.
Asian Tour rookie Park Hyun-bin of Korea, who has only one bogey (second round) in his campaign so far, fired a 70 to share second place with Thitiphun Chuayprakong of Thailand on a 205 total in the inaugural event.
Thailand`s Prayad Marksaeng fired a 69, courtesy of an eagle three on the 12th hole to lie in fourth place while Bangladeshi Siddikur, Filipino Antonio Lascuna and Thai duo Prom Meesawat and Thongchai Jaidee are a stroke back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened