Bhullar slips to tied 25th after round 2 of Asia Pacific Open
Kobe : Buffeting winds made life difficult for him as overnight leader Gaganjeet Bhullar shot an erratic five-over 76 to slip to tied 25th after the second round of the weather-truncated USD 1.7 million Asia Pacific Panasonic Open here on Saturday.
Bhullar`s overall total stood at one-over 143.
The Punjab-pro, who was the only one to shoot a bogey-free round on the opening day of tournament which has become a 54-hole affair due to weather-disruptions, stumbled to as many as seven bogeys against a couple of birdies on Saturday.
"The conditions were quite tough. I didn`t hit the ball as good as yesterday. I missed a lot of fairways and the iron play wasn`t up to the mark. I missed so many greens in regulation which caused my high scoring today," Bhullar said after the round.
"Most of the holes which we played were always into a head wind or a straight left to right wind. It affected us and I couldn`t keep the ball under the wind," he explained.
Bhullar lamented the lack of consistency in his game this year.
"This year, I`ve been starting well but have not been able to keep pace. It`s just a lesson for me. Next time if I have a better start, I`ll try to chase the score and play more consistent golf. I think it`s just experience. I`ve made a few mental and technical errors. I need to go on the range to work on my hip rotation," he said.
Among other Indians, SSP Chowrasia (76) and Anirban
Lahiri (73) just about managed to make the cut at the tied56th spot with totals of five-over 147.
However, it was curtains for C Muniyappa, whose nightmarish 78 left him with a total of 10-over 152, five strokes adrift of the cut-line.
Local golfer Ryuchi Oda, who has missed his last two cuts and is searching for his second victory in Japan, held the lead with a total of four-under 138 after carding a 70 in the second round.
Ryo Ishikawa shot a hole-in-one en route to a 70 to lie one shot behind Oda.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma