Bhupathi-Mirnyi end runners-up at Cincinnati Masters
Mason: Mashesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi
suffered their third defeat in an ATP Masters series final
this season, losing the summit clash of the Cincinnati event
3-6, 4-6 to second seeds Mike and Bob Bryan here.
The defeat means that Bhupathi and Belarusian Mirnyi will
have to wait for their first title together since Rome event
Bhupathi and Mirnyi had lost the Mimai Masters final to
Leander Paes and Lukas Dlouhy and Monte-Carlo final to Nenad
Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor.
The fourth seeds were up 2-0 in the opening set but Bryan
brothers fought back strongly to win the next five games to
securing a one-set lead.
The Americans then broke the second-set deadlock in the
seventh game with a break of Bhupathi`s serve and went on to
claim victory and their eight title of the season in just
under an hour.
Bhupathi and Mirnyi split USD 69,250 and earned 600
ranking points each for ending runners-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed