Bhupathi-Mirnyi end runners-up at Cincinnati Masters
Mason: Mashesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi
suffered their third defeat in an ATP Masters series final
this season, losing the summit clash of the Cincinnati event
3-6, 4-6 to second seeds Mike and Bob Bryan here.
The defeat means that Bhupathi and Belarusian Mirnyi will
have to wait for their first title together since Rome event
Bhupathi and Mirnyi had lost the Mimai Masters final to
Leander Paes and Lukas Dlouhy and Monte-Carlo final to Nenad
Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor.
The fourth seeds were up 2-0 in the opening set but Bryan
brothers fought back strongly to win the next five games to
securing a one-set lead.
The Americans then broke the second-set deadlock in the
seventh game with a break of Bhupathi`s serve and went on to
claim victory and their eight title of the season in just
under an hour.
Bhupathi and Mirnyi split USD 69,250 and earned 600
ranking points each for ending runners-up.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory