Bhupathi-Mirnyi in QFs, Bopanna out of Cincinnati
Mason: Mahesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi advanced to the men`s dounles quarter-finals of the Cincinnati Masters after getting a walk over but it was all over for Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Quershi.
Fourth seeds Bhupathi and Mirnyi were scheduled to play against Americans John Isner and Sam Querry, who withdrew fro
the contest due an ankle injury to Isner.
Bhupathi and Mirnyi are yet to face a ball in the USD 24,30,000 hard court event as they had got a bye in the first round.
The Indo-Belarusian pair will next take on Polish pair of Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski, who edged out Bopanna and Qureshi in their second round match.
The Indo-Pak pair fought hard before losing 5-5, 6-7(3) to the eighth seeds.
Third seeds Leander Paes and Czeck Lukas Dlouhy will play their second round match against America`s Mardy Fish and Bahamas` Mark Knowles.
Somdev Devvarman had lost in the first round of the singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth