Bhupathi-Mirnyi in QFs, Bopanna out of Cincinnati
Mason: Mahesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi advanced to the men`s dounles quarter-finals of the Cincinnati Masters after getting a walk over but it was all over for Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Quershi.
Fourth seeds Bhupathi and Mirnyi were scheduled to play against Americans John Isner and Sam Querry, who withdrew fro
the contest due an ankle injury to Isner.
Bhupathi and Mirnyi are yet to face a ball in the USD 24,30,000 hard court event as they had got a bye in the first round.
The Indo-Belarusian pair will next take on Polish pair of Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski, who edged out Bopanna and Qureshi in their second round match.
The Indo-Pak pair fought hard before losing 5-5, 6-7(3) to the eighth seeds.
Third seeds Leander Paes and Czeck Lukas Dlouhy will play their second round match against America`s Mardy Fish and Bahamas` Mark Knowles.
Somdev Devvarman had lost in the first round of the singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!