Bhupathi-Mirnyi in QFs, Bopanna out of Cincinnati
Mason: Mahesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi advanced to the men`s dounles quarter-finals of the Cincinnati Masters after getting a walk over but it was all over for Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-Haq Quershi.
Fourth seeds Bhupathi and Mirnyi were scheduled to play against Americans John Isner and Sam Querry, who withdrew fro
the contest due an ankle injury to Isner.
Bhupathi and Mirnyi are yet to face a ball in the USD 24,30,000 hard court event as they had got a bye in the first round.
The Indo-Belarusian pair will next take on Polish pair of Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski, who edged out Bopanna and Qureshi in their second round match.
The Indo-Pak pair fought hard before losing 5-5, 6-7(3) to the eighth seeds.
Third seeds Leander Paes and Czeck Lukas Dlouhy will play their second round match against America`s Mardy Fish and Bahamas` Mark Knowles.
Somdev Devvarman had lost in the first round of the singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!