Biggest win of my career: Ashok
Gurgaon: Returning from a four-month injury lay-off, caddie-turned-pro Ashok Kumar, moments after lifting the DLF Masters trophy here on Sunday, said he has found his lost touch and it’s time to scale new heights.
“I have never felt better,” Ashok, who turned pro eight years ago, said.
“I had a wrist injury during the Aamby Valley event in May and was out for four months. But I didn’t rush and gave myself time and started playing again in the Chandigarh tournament at the start of this month,” Ashok said.
“This is my career’s biggest win in terms of prize money.
I have regained my lost touch and it is time to look ahead and
secure more wins,” Ashok added.
Ashok topped the Order of Merit after today’s win and qualified for the USD 6 million Barclays Singapore Open to be played in November.
“I’m feeling confident once again. I had peaked during the 2004-05 season and I feel the old days are back again. I have never hit 65 on consecutive days before and it feels great now. It will be an upward curve from now on. I have to keep winning,” the golfer said.
After a sedate 70 in the first round, Ashok went on to score successive scores of 65 in the next two rounds to register a massive eight-stroke win after the final day was rained off and the golfer said it was the driver which did the trick for him.
“Last Friday I made some adjustment in my drivers in Ping company and after fitting it, I started hitting the ball better.
Earlier it was moving both ways but now I’m able to swing it in the right areas. Thanks to Vinod Kumar (golfer), he gave me the driver and it suited me well,” said Ashok, who pocketed Rs 15,35,675 after finishing at 16-under 200.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks