Bihar BJP hails Gujarat win; JD(U) says it will make NDA strong
Patna: BJP leaders in Bihar on Thursday celebrated party victory in Gujarat under leadership of Narendra Modi, but said the nominee for the Prime Minister post in 2014 would be chosen at an `appropriate` time.
"The BJP has registered a hat-trick in Gujarat due to honest and progressive leadership of Chief Minister Narendra Modi," Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said.
The Bihar Deputy CM said he had a telephonic talk with Narendra Modi yesterday and had congratulated him in advance.
The Gujarat CM thanked BJP leaders and workers from Bihar for working for victory of the party in his state, the deputy CM said.
On the chances of Narendra Modi becoming the prime ministerial candidate, he said "BJP leadership will take a decision on this during the general elections to be held in 2014."
On results in Himachal Pradesh where BJP lost power to Congress, Sushil Kumar Modi said it appeared that the party failed to make people aware of the development work under the leadership of Prem Kumar Dhumal. The party would review the poll outcome in HP and draw up future strategy.
Bihar BJP President CP Thakur said "The stature of Narendra Modi within BJP has definitely increased after scoring a hat-trick," he said.
JD(U), BJP`s coalition partner in Bihar which had fought Gujarat polls separately, said the victory has strengthened NDA at the national level.
"BJP`s victory in Gujarat will strengthen NDA at the national level ... This astounding victory proves the anti-Congress trend among masses in the country," state JD(U) President Vashist Narayan Singh said.
On the victory for JD(U) in only on one seat in Gujarat, Singh said the party would take this opportunity to expand itself in that state.
On Narendra Modi becoming PM, the JD(U) state chief said there was no point talking about it at this point of time.
"The bigger party has an important role in a coalition and the NDA PM candidate will be selected at right time," he said.
He said his party has already made its stand on NDA PM candidate clear that the nominee should have a secular image from a bigger party within the coalition which was sympathetic towards a developing state like Bihar.
Bihar Congress President Chaudhary Mehboob Kaisar said the party`s victory in Himachal Pradesh and maintaining its tally in Gujarat showed that the people have accepted the economic reform of the UPA government.
Hailing Congress win in Himachal Pradesh, state Youth Congress under leadership of its President Lalan Kumar took out a victory rally from Sadaquat Asharam to Dak Bunglow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest