Bihar CM for speedy probe into corruption, kidnap cases
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has emphasised on speedy investigation into the cases related to corruption, carnage and kidnapping for ransom in the state.
"I want hard work and results from policemen. Grievances or excuses could not help good work. The investigations of cases related to crime, corruption, kidnapping and carnage have to be expedited," Kumar told at a high-level meeting with top police and administrative officers here last evening.
Terming corruption a cancer of the society, Kumar urged the policemen to handle corruption cases firmly and arrest corrupt officials.
The meeting was called in the backdrop of the Khagaria carnage in which 16 people were shot dead at Amosi Bharen village of Khagaria district on October 01.
Kumar said the state government would allocate enough funds to modernise of the police in Bihar.
"We assure you of making available necessary funds for modernisation of police. Money will not be a constraint," he said.
Kumar asked the policemen to remain alert to prevent a situation detrimental to communal harmony, amity and peace.
Chief Secretary Anoop Mukherjee, Director General of Police Anand Shankar, Home Secretary Amir Subhani, ADG (Headquarters) Neelmani and several other police officers attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital