Bihar CM orders probe into starvation deaths
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday ordered an investigation into the reports suggesting that people died of starvation in Sitamarhi and Gaya districts.
"Chief Minister has ordered a probe and asked the district magistrates of Sitamarhi and Gaya districts to enquire the allegations of starvation deaths and submit him a report soon," an official spokesman said.
He said Kumar had already directed the authorities to make those officials, who supply foodgrains to the BPL families, responsible.
According to reports, Ramlakhan Devi of Parsauni in Sitamarhi and Murti Devi of Atri in Gaya districts died of starvation recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!