Bihar CM orders probe into starvation deaths
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday ordered an investigation into the reports suggesting that people died of starvation in Sitamarhi and Gaya districts.
"Chief Minister has ordered a probe and asked the district magistrates of Sitamarhi and Gaya districts to enquire the allegations of starvation deaths and submit him a report soon," an official spokesman said.
He said Kumar had already directed the authorities to make those officials, who supply foodgrains to the BPL families, responsible.
According to reports, Ramlakhan Devi of Parsauni in Sitamarhi and Murti Devi of Atri in Gaya districts died of starvation recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing