Bihar CM orders probe into starvation deaths
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday ordered an investigation into the reports suggesting that people died of starvation in Sitamarhi and Gaya districts.
"Chief Minister has ordered a probe and asked the district magistrates of Sitamarhi and Gaya districts to enquire the allegations of starvation deaths and submit him a report soon," an official spokesman said.
He said Kumar had already directed the authorities to make those officials, who supply foodgrains to the BPL families, responsible.
According to reports, Ramlakhan Devi of Parsauni in Sitamarhi and Murti Devi of Atri in Gaya districts died of starvation recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra