Bihar CM orders probe into starvation deaths
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday ordered an investigation into the reports suggesting that people died of starvation in Sitamarhi and Gaya districts.
"Chief Minister has ordered a probe and asked the district magistrates of Sitamarhi and Gaya districts to enquire the allegations of starvation deaths and submit him a report soon," an official spokesman said.
He said Kumar had already directed the authorities to make those officials, who supply foodgrains to the BPL families, responsible.
According to reports, Ramlakhan Devi of Parsauni in Sitamarhi and Murti Devi of Atri in Gaya districts died of starvation recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Football Tourism: PSG will receive $197 million to promote tourism in Qatar
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims
- Present ICC ranking system is not satisfactory: Javed Miandad