Bihar polls: Cong not to have any truck with regional parties
Patna: Asserting that Congress will have no
truck with regional parties RJD or LJP in the next assembly
elections in Bihar, the party`s in-charge of the state affairs
Jagdish Tytler on Monday said its "topmost priority" will be to
dislodge the ruling JD(U)-led coalition.
"The Congress will contest the 2010 Assembly elections on
its own strength and will have no truck with any regional
party," Tytler told reporters at the party headquarters here.
"The era of Lalu Prasad is over and (Chief Minister)
Nitish Kumar is on his way out", the former union minister
said, adding he has come to Bihar as an emissary of AICC
President Sonia Gandhi and General Secretary Rahul Gandhi to
revive and rebuild the party.
Tytler claimed whatever development that has taken place
in Bihar during the past four years was due to Central
assistance and that Nitish Kumar owed an "explanation" to the
people on this front.
He said the party would collect district-wise figures of
all central schemes being implemented currently and tell the
people that 80 per cent of the fund for development schemes
had been released by the Centre.
"Nitish Kumar is hoodwinking people and taking all
credits for the central schemes," Tytler charged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video