Bilbao snatch point at the death in rainy Getafe
Madrid: Athletic Bilbao forward Urko Vera netted his first La Liga goal deep into added time to snatch a 2-2 draw for the Basque club at Getafe on Monday.
At a rain and wind-lashed Coliseum stadium on the outskirts of the Spanish capital, Getafe captain Manu del Moral headed into his own net in between scoring both the home side`s goals before Vera scrambled the ball in to rescue a point.
The 23-year-old was making only his third appearance for the first team after debuting against Sporting Gijon last month.
Bilbao missed the chance to climb back above Espanyol into fifth and have 42 points from 28 matches to the Barcelona-based club`s 43.
"We suffered right to the end of the match and now we have to recover and focus on our next game," Bilbao goalkeeper Gorka Iraizoz said in a television interview.
"Urko put the ball away very well and each player has to make a contribution, that`s what we need," he added.
In weekend action, Barcelona`s lead at the top was cut to five points after the champions drew 1-1 at Sevilla on Sunday and Real Madrid beat Hercules 2-0 on Saturday.
With 10 matches remaining, Barca have 75 points to Real`s 70 with Valencia on 54 in third.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar