Bin Hammam to chair Ad-hoc Committee on Indian Football
New Delhi: The Ad-hoc Committee for Professionalising Indian Football will take stock of the progress of the game in the country in a meeting under the chairmanship of AFC chief Mohamed bin Hammam.
Hammam, on a two-day visit to India, will chair the meeting. All India Football Federation chief Praful Patel, who is deputy chairman of the committee, will also be present.
Alongwith AFC Vice-President and FIFA Executive Committee member Manilal Fernando, prominent Indian club owners and officials are members of the committee, whose aim is to professionalise football in the country.
Several issues of importance will be taken up for discussion and decision during the meeting.
The committee in its last meeting in September 2010 saw the members expressing their views and aspirations for Indian football, discussing the way forward for the game to reclaim its past glory.
Following the meeting, an AFC team had carried out a wide-randing and thorough inspection of all I-League clubs, starting October 23 and ending November 1 last year.
On November 2, a workshop for I-League clubs, including the second division outfits, was conducted by AFC before the third meeting of the committee on November 21.
AIFF President Patel had reiterated the deadline of December 31, 2010, for all I-League clubs to adopt the AFC criteria if they want to qualify to take part in the AFC Champions League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!