Bindra equals Beijing gold effort in Munich
New Delhi: Ace Indian marksman Abhinav Bindra equalled his Beijing Olympics qualification score at the International Shooting Competition in Munich today.
He shot an impressive series of 99, 99, 100, 99, 100 and 99 to equal his Beijing Games qualification score of 596 out of 600, which fetched him the Olympic gold last year.
Bindra had also scored 596 at the RIAC Cup at Luxembourg in December last year.
He is participating in the international competitions in Europe as part of his training plans.
The competition at Munich is important for all the shooters who are eyeing the Olympic qualification quotas at the World Shooting Championship to be held at the same venue in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family